Saturday, October 22, 2016

Philippines - Day 5

The day began with a postcard type beautiful morning.  I got up and took a leisurely stroll to breakfast.  I saw some blacktip reef sharks along the way.  I also saw a water monitor lizard by the restaurant.  I took a few pictures of it.  Then I finally made it to breakfast.

After a very satisfying breakfast, I returned to my cottage and pretty much did nothing for the rest of the morning.  Lunch came by and I skipped it too.  I was still too full from breakfast.

I did do a snorkeling excursion in the afternoon.  It was to Nabat island.  It takes 15-20 minutes to get there by boat.  Once there, everyone has approximately 45 minutes to snorkel.  Visibility was about 20 ft.  I'm guessing that was due to the aftereffects of the typhoon.  The water was warm.  There were a lot of fish and coral.  However, there were not any big fish.  I took a lot of pictures of small fish.

After snorkeling, I went to the island bar.  I ordered some drink that I had no idea what was in it.  (It was very good though.)  Then I got to be entertained by some Apulit staff playing volleyball.  I was asked to join but I gracefully declined and enjoyed my drink.  After the bar and volleyball, I still had time to shower before dinner.

Dinner was very good as usual.  The appetizers and main course have been different every night.  This time I saved room for dessert...  Food coma kicked in about an hour later....

No comments:

Post a Comment