Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Philippines - Day 2

Finally made it to Apulit Island.  This place takes time to get to.  Another reason I spent a night in Manila is I didn't arrive early enough to catch the connecting flight to El Nido.  This morning, it was a 40 minute ride from the hotel to the airport.  (Manila traffic is bad.). Followed by a 55 minute flight to El Nido.  Then a 90 minute ride to Taytay town.  Then finally, a 40 minute boat ride to Apulit.

Upon arriving at Apulit, we were greeted with Ginger tea and a song by the staff.  After a quick registration, I was given an overview of activities and taken to my water cottage.

Apulit has 50 water cottages.  20 have a loft and sleep 4.  30 sleep 2.  All are over water.

I didn't realize how tired I was until I checked into mine.  I did a little unpacking, laid on the bed and the next thing I knew, it was dinner time.

Dinner was a huge buffet.  There was a lot to choose from.  I didn't even make it to the desserts.

After dinner, I called it a night.  I was well fed, a little tired, and ready to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment