Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 3 - China

The day started with thunderstorms.  That was fine since I didn't have any morning plans anyway.  I got up whenever, strolled downstairs and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. 

Afterwards, I went to see the concierge and cancel a planned sea kayaking excursion.  It was scheduled for another day, the forecast for which was more thunderstorms.  Though it probably would have made for great pictures and a good story, I just wasn't feeling it.

Later in the morning, another thunderstorm hit.  I took some pictures but I don't think they quite did the thunderstorm justice. Intense as it was, it was quite enjoyable to watch from my balcony, which is well protected from the storm and has an awesome bed.

After stopping by Ahei (lobby lounge and wine room) for my lunchtime drink, I decided to venture out of the resort and check out the “neighborhood.”  Anantara Sanya is a resort next to other resorts and tall buildings. There aren't many stores around.  No traffic to speak of.  It's also relatively quiet.  There's a park next to the resort which seems to be the place for couples to take their wedding photos.  If you do want stores, Anantara provides a free shuttle to some place I can neither spell nor pronounce, that has that stuff.

I returned from my walk with time to spare before my next massage.  It was a 90 minute, traditional Chinese massage.  I've never had one and had no idea what it was.  I found out no oil is involved and you wear clothes.  At times it was intense, but I was definitely relaxed after.  Almost didn't make it to dinner.

I ate at the Thai restaurant again, Baan Rim Nam.  I usually don't eat too much at resorts.  I usually try to find restaurants away from the resort.  But I have not found any close to the resort that weren't other resort restaurants.  However, Baan Rim Nam has an extensive menu, and you can inexpensively priced food all the way up to the really pricey.  Tonight I had fried rice with crab leg meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment