Thursday, September 7, 2017

China, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka

The beginning of my trip to China, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka.  First stop, Sanya, China.  Getting here was a little bit of a chore.  In addition to getting my boarding pass for SFO-LAX, I had to get a boarding pass in LAX for LA to Changsha.  Then get another boarding pass in Changsha for Changsha to Sanya.  The Changsha stop was made a little more tedious by having to pickup and recheck in my luggage.  Once I figured out the Hunan check-in counter services several airlines (like 9), including Hainan airlines (My airline), everything went fine.

Arrival in Sanya was fine.  It was a leisurely ride to the resort.  Actually, this was the first time in a while that traffic in a southeast Asia country wasn't, for lack of a better word, crazy.

The resort I'm staying in is the Anantara resort in Sanya.  It’s a beautiful resort.  (Pictures to follow.)  Upon arrival, the obligatory welcoming drink. They also upgraded my suite to a sea view suite because my luggage was late.  (Not their fault.)

After settling into my suite, I learned something surprising.  Almost anything Google doesn't work.  (Mental note: Give coworker grief for not telling me that.) Tumblr doesn't work either so no posting pictures or updates…  That is until I get a VPN connection working....

No comments:

Post a Comment