Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Thailand - Day 16

Beautiful day.  I spent all of it on a diving excursion.  I went with Sea Bees Diving.  I did the 1 day/2 dives package to the Similan islands.  They picked me up from the resort around 0640.  Then it was about a 45 minute ride to the pier.  There I, and a lot of other people, boarded a  very large catamaran.  Once everyone was onboard, we began our 3 hour trip to the Similan islands.  On the way there, the crew prepared a very nice breakfast for everyone.  After which, everyone settled in for the ride.

The dive sites were very nice.  Blue skies, calm waters, and about a 20 meter visibility underwater.  I think I got a lot of good pictures.

After the first dive, the crew prepared lunch.  Some time after lunch, dive 2.

Once the dives and snorkeling (there were snorkelers too) were done, everyone was back on the boat for the return trip.  The crew prepared more snacks.  I don't know about others, but after the snacks I found a place to lie down and get some sleep.

Back at the pier, transportation back resorts was waiting.  Funny thing, it started raining on the way back. It was a 45 ride back to the resort.  I got back around 1920.  Once there, I showered and got a drink. I barely finished my update and called it a night.  I was tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment